Subject: Re: bug#50497: [PATCH] Adding eww-{next,previous,up,top}-path.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 10:03:33 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> That's also true, so I was sceptical about adding that (because it also
>> makes `C-s' etc behave sub-optimally in 99.7% of web pages), so I've
>> been pondering whether to remove it (or at least hide it behind and
>> option defaulting to "off").
>
> But users like it:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/9oi1e3/ewws_awesome_isearch_support_just_blew_my_mind/

Yeah, it's a neat trick (which makes people go "ooo").  So disabling it
would be a shame.  But it does make the user experience slightly worse
most of the time...

Actually, we could just tweak it -- today it says "repeat for next
buffer" even if there's no next buffer (it only checks afterwards),
apparently.  Hm...  Right, if eww only sets
`multi-isearch-next-buffer-function' when there's a rel=next/prev, then
this awkwardness disappears.

Now done.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no