Subject: bug#50497: [PATCH] Adding eww-{next,previous,up,top}-path.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 14:22:20 +0200

Yuchen Pei <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK, how about having them as a fallback to
> eww-{nex,previous,up,top}-url, as Juri mentioned?  From my experience
> these -url functions don't work for most web pages either, so adding
> my functions as a fallback would increase the chance that the keys
> will work in some meaningful way.

See my response to Juri.  For the explicit commands (i.e., not involved
in isearch) it might make sense, because the user actually asked to see
"next page".  I think it's a DWIM step too far, though.  Just because
you've on https://foo.bar/?4524 doesn't mean that the site author had
meant for visitors to that page to go to https://foo.bar/?4525, which
may be a totally different topic (for instance, something Not Safe For
Work).

The user is free to edit the URLs as they wish, but as a command in a
web browser?  I'm sceptical that we'd be doing the users a favour.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no