Subject: Re: bug#50497: [PATCH] Adding eww-{next,previous,up,top}-path.

From: Yuchen Pei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:50:45 +1000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yuchen Pei <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I often find myself wanting to navigate paginated web pages
>> (e.g. <https://media.libreplanet.org/videos?page=4>), or to go 
>> up or
>> all the way up when visiting a web page, which is why I added 
>> these
>> functions to my eww.
>>
>> Does this change make sense?  If so I will amend the patch to 
>> include
>> tests, doc and bug number.
>
> I'm not sure this is general enough to include in eww -- these 
> are
> commands that will fail in 99.7% of all web pages, because they 
> don't
> have URLs that are structured this way.

OK, how about having them as a fallback to 
eww-{nex,previous,up,top}-url, as Juri mentioned?  From my 
experience these -url functions don't work for most web pages 
either, so adding my functions as a fallback would increase the 
chance that the keys will work in some meaningful way.

-- 
Best,
Yuchen

PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
           <https://ypei.me/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>