Subject: bug#50491: closed (Re: [PATCH] Re: bug#50491: 28.0.50; load-theme in early-init does not fully loads/enables expected faces)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50491: 28.0.50; load-theme in early-init does not fully loads/enables expected faces

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50491: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50491
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: bug#50491: 28.0.50; load-theme in early-init does not fully loads/enables expected faces
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Y. E. <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 15:41:07 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Y. E. <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 13:22:34 +0300
> 
> Suggested changes:

Thanks, I installed a variant of this.

> Regardless of the changes, please let me know if the patch formatted/sent
> the way you'd normally would expect (prefer) it to be done.

The patch is formatted correctly, thanks.

> The patch itself seems got a whitespace added at the end of file,
> even though there's no such whitespace in the diff/commit I have locally.
> Is it expected behavior?

It doesn't matter, Git disregards that when applying the patch.

Subject: 28.0.50; load-theme in early-init does not fully loads/enables expected faces
From: "Y. E." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:19:06 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I've been using (load-theme 'misterioso t) in early-init.el successfully
up until around one month ago. After that, I had to start calling load-theme
for the second time in init.el to fix appearance of wrong faces.

**How to Reproduce**

1. Backup `~/.emacs.d/'.
2. Create `~/.emacs.d/early-init.el' with `(load-theme 'misterioso t)' in it.
3. Start Emacs.
4. Run `M-x list-faces-display`.
5. Make new frame `C-x 5 2'.
6. Run `M-x list-faces-display' in the second frame.
7. Compare `*Faces*' buffer contents in the first and the second frames.
   - The correct 'misterioso theme faces are shown in the second buffer.
   - For example, compare `completions-common-part'.

Then go back to the first frame and run/evaluate `(load-theme 'misterioso)'.
The faces are going to be fixed in the first frame after that.

It _seems_ to me the issue _might be_ caused by the interference of the "user theme"
mentioned in `(emacs) 49.1.8 Creating Custom Themes'.
[This insinuation was caused by seeing `user' theme as one of the options
on `M-x enable-theme' with `fido-mode' enabled,
which, supposedly, might be a bug on its own.]

Thank you.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G9216))
 of 2021-09-05 built on local
Repository revision: 3d0276e98bd2e31c45592def9f53da031a1ae277
Repository branch: master

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/flex/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/flex/include'

Configured features:
ACL GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort display-fill-column-indicator mail-extr emacsbug
flymake-proc flymake compile warnings flyspell ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m windmove
cus-edit cus-load wid-edit bookmark pp vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher
goto-addr thingatpt ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree
generator whitespace company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company pcase
smtpmail sendmail rmailout rmailmm message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231
rmailsum rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline
outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs icomplete ido savehist
minibuf-eldef desktop frameset ispell rx epg rfc6068 epg-config delsel
hi-lock elec-pair paren autorevert filenotify edmacro kmacro info
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib misterioso-theme iso-transl
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 273685 17345)
 (symbols 48 26762 3)
 (strings 32 94932 6500)
 (string-bytes 1 3122713)
 (vectors 16 49630)
 (vector-slots 8 526459 11142)
 (floats 8 307 553)
 (intervals 56 469 88)
 (buffers 992 13))