Subject: bug#50479: closed (Re: [bug#50479] [PATCH] Update home-page for ghc-pandoc-types)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 16:05:01 +0000

Your bug report

#50479: [PATCH] Update home-page for ghc-pandoc-types

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50479: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50479
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#50479] [PATCH] Update home-page for ghc-pandoc-types
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: Alice BRENON <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 21:34:35 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Alice,

Welcome to Guix! :-) Thank for catching this! I have pushed your patch
to master after adding a copyright header for you and simplifying the
commit message.

> I hope I'm not wasting your time for such a small change, but I thought
> that while I was at it, since it's the kind of detail that can go
> unnoticed for a long time it was better to fix it.

No worries, all patches are welcome! :-)

Cheers!
Arun

Subject: [PATCH] Update home-page for ghc-pandoc-types
From: Alice BRENON <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 17:26:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

Trying to find examples of values for the home-page field in large
packages with library dependencies that were developed specifically as
part of the project, I stumbled upon the fact that ghc-pandoc-types had
the old page for pandoc, https://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc as
home-page, whereas ghc-pandoc, added after, has the new
https://pandoc.org/. Given the fact that the former now redirects to
the latter, I suppose it would be more consistent to update it in
ghc-pandoc-type's definition. The redirect is only a 302, not a 301, but
I suppose it's a mistake given the content of the URL which seem to
indicate it's meant to point to "the site of the pandoc project".

I hope I'm not wasting your time for such a small change, but I thought
that while I was at it, since it's the kind of detail that can go
unnoticed for a long time it was better to fix it.

Alice
>From 690a2bf8de20ad563dfdf48068ea7c9a0df10908 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Alice BRENON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 16:48:02 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] gnu: ghc-pandoc-types: Update home-page

* gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm (ghc-pandoc-types): Update home-page to
  the new project page to which the previous one now redirects.
---
 gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
index c12f97802e..c9bb248c09 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
@@ -9765,7 +9765,7 @@ version = Version [~a] []
        ("ghc-test-framework-hunit" ,ghc-test-framework-hunit)
        ("ghc-test-framework-quickcheck2" ,ghc-test-framework-quickcheck2)
        ("ghc-hunit" ,ghc-hunit)))
-    (home-page "https://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc")
+    (home-page "https://pandoc.org")
     (synopsis "Types for representing a structured document")
     (description
      "This module defines the @code{Pandoc} data structure, which is used by
-- 
2.33.0