Subject: Re: bug#50470: 27.1; 'company-mode' 'eshell'

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 01:06:33 +0300

On 09.09.2021 04:57, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> On 08.09.2021 09:23, Christophe via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss 
> army knife of text editors wrote:
>> Hello,
>> when company-mode is activate:
>> (use-package company
>>    :ensure t
>>    :init
>>    (global-company-mode t)
>>    )
>> there are some weird things:
>> - when you type something, if you enter a single quote a blank space 
>> is added.
>> ex: $ ls Images/'
> 
> This is unfortunately an old problem. I though there was already a bug 
> report for it, but couldn't find it. Hope someone will find time to dig 
> in through the leaky abstraction of c-a-p-f -> pcomplete.

Some new details, from 
https://github.com/company-mode/company-mode/discussions/1276:

When this happens (the user types a quote character and the tab 
character is inserted), there is a message in the echo area:

   Completion function pcomplete-completions-at-point uses a deprecated 
calling convention

I'm going to add Stefan to Cc in case maybe he had a quick fix in mind, 
since I saw him reply to a similar-ish bug report about pcomplete 
integration.