Subject: Re: bug#50470: 27.1; 'company-mode' 'eshell'

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 04:57:01 +0300

Hi!

On 08.09.2021 09:23, Christophe via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss 
army knife of text editors wrote:
> Hello,
> when company-mode is activate:
> (use-package company
>    :ensure t
>    :init
>    (global-company-mode t)
>    )
> there are some weird things:
> - when you type something, if you enter a single quote a blank space is added.
> ex: $ ls Images/'

This is unfortunately an old problem. I though there was already a bug 
report for it, but couldn't find it. Hope someone will find time to dig 
in through the leaky abstraction of c-a-p-f -> pcomplete.

> - and it's impossible to use a wildcad (*) if you want for example copy all
> .txt file from a directory. And the C-q not working, I have dot do M-x
> quoted-insert to insert '*'.

That sounds like bug#18951. But it was fixed, though. Maybe some minor 
variation of it?

> With the 26.1 version of emacs there was a workarround that worked (deactivate
> completion at point) but in this actual version that remove all autocompletion
> in eshell.