Subject: Could :properties have index entries in the elisp manual?

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 03:52:34 +0200

Severity: wishlist

Please consider adding properties to the index of the elisp manual for
easy access.

Rationale: I find myself often looking for properties such as
:align-to in the elisp manual, but they are not indexed.  This means
that I have to look instead for them manually instead, which takes
more time.

Perhaps there is some conflict of interest between having a usable
index inside Emacs and the length of the printed manual.  One way to
side-step that would be to put them in the index only in the info
version of the manual, while excluding them from the print version.  I
don't know if texinfo supports this.

If we decide to go ahead with this wishlist request, we would only
need to add a few properties as examples.  We could then close this
bug add the rest in over time.  Perhaps some properties are more
important to add than others, and perhaps others still would not even
make sense adding.