Subject: Re: bug#50467: Could :properties have index entries in the elisp manual?

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:54:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Please consider adding properties to the index of the elisp manual for
> > easy access.
>
> Which ones? all of them?  There are a lot of them, and we sometimes
> have the same keyword used in different contexts to mean different
> things, so we'd need a lot of disambiguation text to make unique
> entries.

As a first approximation, only some of them.

(That's what I meant when I wrote: "Perhaps some properties are more
important to add than others, and perhaps others still would not even
make sense adding.")

> (And you mean keywords that start with a colon, not properties.
> Right?)

Yes, that was a thinko, sorry.

> That said, feel free to suggest additions to the indexing for the
> important keywords, we can always discuss them one by one.

That seems like a good approach here.