Subject: Re: bug#50467: Could :properties have index entries in the elisp manual?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 09:31:53 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 03:52:34 +0200
> 
> Please consider adding properties to the index of the elisp manual for
> easy access.

Which ones? all of them?  There are a lot of them, and we sometimes
have the same keyword used in different contexts to mean different
things, so we'd need a lot of disambiguation text to make unique
entries.

(And you mean keywords that start with a colon, not properties.
Right?)

One problem here is that use of the colon character in index entries
should be avoided, as some Info readers could get confused by that
(the colon is a special character in Info file format).

Also, most of the keywords are, or should be, found by using their
"family name".  For example, for faces we have "face attributes" in
the index.

That said, feel free to suggest additions to the indexing for the
important keywords, we can always discuss them one by one.

Thanks.