Subject: bug#50462: 27.2; emacsclient syntax highlight failure

From: RDS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 13:05:59 -0700

>OK, so please describe again, in as much detail as you can, what do
>you do with Emacs between correct display and incorrect display.  You
>said you switch to another buffer and return, but could you tell more?
>Just switching to another buffer and back immediately triggers that?
>Or something else is needed?
That is indeed the tough part. I have yet to find a definite repeatable
pattern that induces the bug. But, I now usually arrive there in a few
minutes of activity with two emacsclients -t in use.

Switching back & forth immediately will not do it. At least one client is
loading / unloading various files before switching back to other client.
Take a look again at the original post for more of these general actions I
use.

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 12:25 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: RDS <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 12:21:09 -0700
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> >
> > >So it sounds like the faces lost their color definitions for some
> > >reason?
> > Yes. Something overwrote the setting returning it to default state =
> black.
> >
> > >When this happens, and you invoke "M-x customize-face" on a
> > >problematic face, what does Emacs show for the color attributes of the
> > >face in the Customize buffer?
> > black.
> > I then entered green & voila, all was well.
>
> OK, so please describe again, in as much detail as you can, what do
> you do with Emacs between correct display and incorrect display.  You
> said you switch to another buffer and return, but could you tell more?
> Just switching to another buffer and back immediately triggers that?
> Or something else is needed?
>