Subject: Re: bug#50462: 27.2; emacsclient syntax highlight failure

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 22:25:53 +0300

> From: RDS <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 12:21:09 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> >So it sounds like the faces lost their color definitions for some
> >reason?
> Yes. Something overwrote the setting returning it to default state = black.
> 
> >When this happens, and you invoke "M-x customize-face" on a
> >problematic face, what does Emacs show for the color attributes of the
> >face in the Customize buffer?
> black.
> I then entered green & voila, all was well.

OK, so please describe again, in as much detail as you can, what do
you do with Emacs between correct display and incorrect display.  You
said you switch to another buffer and return, but could you tell more?
Just switching to another buffer and back immediately triggers that?
Or something else is needed?