Subject: Re: bug#50457: 27.1; 'ada-mode'

From: Christophe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 08:04:32 +0200

When I run .build.sh I get this error:

Compile
   [Ada]          ada_mode_wisi_lalr_parse.ads
   [Ada]          ada_mode_wisi_lr1_parse.ads
   [Ada]          run_ada_lalr_parse.ads
   [Ada]          run_ada_lr1_parse.ads
   [Ada]          gpr_mode_wisi_parse.ads
   [Ada]          run_gpr_parse.ads
   [Ada]          gpr_query.adb
   [C]            wisitoken_grammar_re2c.c
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:53: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: subprogram specification expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: compilation unit expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:04: misplaced "with"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:18: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:19: compilation unit expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:30:53: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:30:66: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:30:66: subprogram specification expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:30:66: compilation unit expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:41:04: misplaced "with"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:41:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:41:18: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:41:19: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:52: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: subprogram specification expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:04: misplaced "with"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:18: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:19: compilation unit expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:53: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: subprogram specification expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:37:66: compilation unit expected
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:04: misplaced "with"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:18: missing ";"
gen_emacs_wisi_lr_parse.ads:47:19: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:52: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: subprogram specification expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:27:65: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:04: misplaced "with"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:18: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_parse.ads:34:19: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:27:52: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:27:65: generic private child packages not permitted
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:27:65: subprogram specification expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:27:65: compilation unit expected
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:35:04: misplaced "with"
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:35:09: reserved word "procedure" cannot be used as identifier
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:35:18: missing ";"
gen_run_wisi_lr_text_rep_parse.ads:35:19: compilation unit expected
sax-pointers.ads:57:58: missing ";"
sax-pointers.ads:57:71: generic private child packages not permitted
sax-pointers.ads:57:71: subprogram specification expected
sax-pointers.ads:62:46: "Encapsulated" is not visible
sax-pointers.ads:62:46: non-visible (private) declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345, instance at gnatcoll-sql.ads:1181
sax-pointers.ads:62:46: non-visible declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345
sax-pointers.ads:62:46: non-visible declaration at gpr.ads:2050
sax-pointers.ads:64:33: "Encapsulated" is not visible
sax-pointers.ads:64:33: non-visible (private) declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345, instance at gnatcoll-sql.ads:1181
sax-pointers.ads:64:33: non-visible declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345
sax-pointers.ads:64:33: non-visible declaration at gpr.ads:2050
sax-pointers.ads:65:40: "Encapsulated" is not visible
sax-pointers.ads:65:40: non-visible (private) declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345, instance at gnatcoll-sql.ads:1181
sax-pointers.ads:65:40: non-visible declaration at gnatcoll-refcount.ads:345
sax-pointers.ads:65:40: non-visible declaration at gpr.ads:2050
sax-utils.ads:171:53: "Smart_Pointers" is not the name of a generic package
sax-utils.ads:174:28: "Symbol_Table_Pointers" is undefined
sax-utils.ads:177:24: "Symbol_Table_Pointers" is undefined
schema-validators.ads:912:44: "Smart_Pointers" is not the name of a generic package
schema-validators.ads:914:28: "XML_Grammars" is undefined
schema-validators.ads:914:28: possible misspelling of "XML_Grammar"
schema-validators.ads:916:19: "XML_Grammars" is undefined
schema-validators.ads:916:19: possible misspelling of "XML_Grammar"

   compilation of ada_mode_wisi_lalr_parse.ads failed
   compilation of ada_mode_wisi_lr1_parse.ads failed
   compilation of run_ada_lalr_parse.ads failed
   compilation of run_ada_lr1_parse.ads failed
   compilation of gpr_mode_wisi_parse.ads failed
   compilation of run_gpr_parse.ads failed
   compilation of gpr_query.adb failed

gprbuild: *** compilation phase failed

so I installed the GNAT compiler 2021 from the ada core site, added the follwoing
line to my init file:
(setq gpr-query-env '("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/opt/GNAT/2021/lib64"))
tried to install xrf:
- unzip gnatcoll-db-master.zip
- cd gnatcoll-db-master
- cd gnatcoll_db2ada
- make & make install
But when I try to build and install xref:
- cd xref
- make
I get this error:

gprbuild -p -m --target=x86_64-linux-gnu  -j0 -XGNATCOLL_VERSION=0.0 -XBUILD=PROD  -XLIBRARY_TYPE=static -XXMLADA_BUILD=static -XGPR_BUILD=static \
	gnatcoll_xref.gpr
gnatcoll_xref.gpr:48:52: unknown variable "So_Ext"
gprbuild: "gnatcoll_xref.gpr" processing failed
make: *** [Makefile:117 : build-static] Erreur 4

I do not know what I can do, for now.

-- 
Christophe BOLLARD