Subject: bug#50450: closed (Re: bug#50450: 28.0.50; nnmaildir cannot find article file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50450: 28.0.50; nnmaildir cannot find article file

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50450: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50450
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50450: 28.0.50; nnmaildir cannot find article file
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 18:56:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This patch attempts to find a similar file, and renames that file
>> instead of the one Gnus remembered. It seems to be working for now, but
>> I'd wait a bit until I had more time to test it before applying it:
>
> The patch looks good to me, so go ahead and push it after testing it
> some more.

I could just confirm that the patch fixes the bug. As I haven't had any
issues up until now, I pushed the commit.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic

Subject: 28.0.50; nnmaildir cannot find article file
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 08:22:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>From time to time I get error messages like

nnmaildir--article-set-flags: Couldn’t find article file /home/philip/Mail/Pers/Sent/cur/1631002186.M670797P704685Q0.icterid:2,S

when trying to send a message. From what I understand, the issue is that
my IMAP mail client isync (https://isync.sourceforge.io/) changes the
file name while I am writing, and changes 

/home/philip/Mail/Pers/Sent/cur/1631002186.M670797P704685Q0.icterid:2,S

to

/home/philip/Mail/Pers/Sent/cur/1631002186.M670797P704685Q0.icterid,U=711:2,S

where the U=... is apparently a maildir attribute indicating a UID
(I cannot find any good documentation on this).

As a result, an error is thrown right after the message is sent, and the
buffer is not cleaned up. Instead I see the generated flags, and have to
manually delete the buffer.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-09-06 built on icterid
Repository revision: d4ea153d8feecb55c2d9b1779574d0bb5417d120
Repository branch: feature/rcirc-update
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-flto 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe'
 --with-native-compilation PKG_CONFIG_PATH='

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $LC_ALL: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/philip/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-0.3.6/transient hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/transient
/home/philip/.config/emacs/elpa/xref-1.2.2/xref hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/xref
/home/philip/.config/emacs/elpa/project-0.6.1/project hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/project
~/.config/emacs/site-lisp/autoload hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload

Features:
(shadow emacsbug ffap rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode facemenu nxml-util
nxml-enc xmltok make-mode dictionary dictionary-connection mailalias
bbdb-pgp shell-command+ tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode finder-inf
reposition ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs flymake-cc macrostep-c
cmacexp macrostep cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs debug vc-fossil vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs edebug backtrace modus-vivendi-theme
nndoc url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe shortdoc help-at-pt sort smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-async gnus-ml git-rebase magit-extras goto-addr
mule-util face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff git-commit magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor log-edit add-log term ehelp eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
shell pcomplete server magit-mode transient format-spec magit-git
magit-section magit-utils dash dired-aux cus-start avy bbdb-message
mail-extr autocrypt-message autocrypt-gnus autocrypt nndraft nnmh
nnmaildir nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm nnnil gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr kinsoku
svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win cl-print apropos pp
descr-text pulse color char-fold misearch multi-isearch tabify
time-stamp smerge-mode whitespace vc-git diff-mode bug-reference
find-func vc-backup log-view pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher diff disp-table
gnutls network-stream puny nsm rmc epa-file epa epg epg-config paredit
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
checkdoc flymake-proc flymake thingatpt flyspell ispell noutline outline
easy-mmode gnus-dired dired-x dired dired-loaddefs rcirc parse-time
iso8601 time bbdb derived bbdb-site timezone sendmail gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr hippie-exp winner windmove elec-pair
recentf tree-widget wid-edit saveplace savehist paren
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes pcase edmacro kmacro holidays
hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cus-load setup load compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color autoload lisp-mnt tex-site
geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree geiser-custom geiser-base ring
slime-autoloads info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source comp comp-cstr warnings rx
cl-seq cl-extra help-mode eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1011811 796046)
 (symbols 48 52819 374)
 (strings 32 253617 140796)
 (string-bytes 1 8134234)
 (vectors 16 96296)
 (vector-slots 8 2662425 1290279)
 (floats 8 903 3581)
 (intervals 56 34206 18940)
 (buffers 992 82))

-- 
	Philip K.