Subject: Re: [bug#50425] [PATCH] gnu: Add minetest-advtrains.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 12:20:58 +0200

Vivien Kraus schreef op ma 06-09-2021 om 13:56 [+0200]:
> Hello Maxime,
> 
> Le lundi 06 septembre 2021 à 13:17 +0200, Maxime Devos a écrit :
> > Did the minetest importer work well for you?
> I noticed 3 minor things:
> 1. The advtrain dependency on basic-trains was duplicated, I had to
> remove one occurence;

I can reproduce this with ‘guix import minetest --recursive orwell/basic_trains’.
Presumably the issue is that advtrains is listed twice in the dependencies
on ContentDB, as ‘advtrains’ and ‘advtrains_train_track’.  I'll send a patch
to remove duplicates.

> 2. The version number came prefixed with a "v" that I had to remove;

The importer uses the ‘release title’ as version number.  Apparently
the release titles for orwell/advtrains include a "v" prefix.  I'll
send a patch to remove the prefix.

> 3. It was not able to get the commit ID and the hash for minetest-
> advtrains, I had to fill it in myself (it was set to #f). Presumably
> because of the exotic tag name.

FWIW, the minetest importer doesn't look at git tag names, it just copies
the commit from ContentDB.  And in case of advtrains, the commit is
not available there, so the importer sets it to #false.
<https://content.minetest.net/api/packages/orwell/advtrains/releases/>.

> [...]
> 
> Also, when I run ./etc/indent-code.el gnu/packages/minetest, there are
> some re-indentations that happen for othe minetest packages. Thus, I’m
> not sure what indentation and general style I should adopt. Hopefully
> this problem will be fixed by guix style :)

The indentation from "./etc/indent-code.el" should be good.  Feel free
to precedede the ‘gnu: Add minetest-advtrains’ patch with a patch fixing
the indentation.

Greetings,
Maime.