Subject: bug#50394: Improve "Completion List Mode" NEWS entry

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 21:16:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Which basic functionality are you alluding to here?

Command completion, 'M-x TAB'.

> > I changed the headline from the nondescript 'Completion List Mode' to
> > 'Improved navigation in the "*Completions*" buffer"'.  I think that
> > makes things sufficiently clear without having to look elsewhere.
>
> Sorry, I don't follow.  This is in the section whose headline is
> "Changes in Specialized Modes and Packages in Emacs 28.1", right?  And
> each item in that section names a mode or a package, right?  So what's
> wrong with having a headline there which says "Completion List Mode"?
> it's a mode, right?
>
> Or what am I missing?

Sorry to be unclear.  Because this is about basic functionality it
should not be under "Specialized Modes and Packages" but under
"Changes in Emacs".  So I moved it there (or that is my intention, at
least).

Even if we kept it there, things under there usually do not have this format:

    * Changes in Specialized Modes and Packages in Emacs 28.1
    ...
    ** Library Name
    Text describing a particular feature

See NEWS.27, etc. for examples.