Subject: Re: bug#50383: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Feature suggestion, gnus-article-toggle-fonts to toggle fonts for HTML articles

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 12:06:19 +0200

Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am proposing the below `gnus-article-toggle-fonts' function with a
> keybinding of `W D F'.

Sounds good to me.

[...]

> +          (setq-local gnus-article-shr-use-fonts
> +                      (not gnus-article-shr-use-fonts))

[...]

> The patch did not keep the fonts toggled when selecting the next message
> or reloading the current one. I am proposing the below change. I am not
> sure how you feel about buffer-local Gnus variables in `mm-decode.el',
> so please let me know if an alternative approach would be better.

Yeah, it would be best to avoid doing that.  How about changing the
patch to have a buffer-local `shr-use-fonts' in the Gnus article buffer
and use that instead?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no