Subject: [bug#50374] [PATCH 0/1] Add org-roam-extensions package

From: "Collin J. Doering" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:48:25 -0400

Hi Zimoun,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this patch.

On 14 Sep 2021 at 14:30, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 04 Sep 2021 at 12:12, "Collin J. Doering" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Instead of the implementation put forth in
>> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50333 this change includes org-roam
>> extensions as a separate package.
>
> Naive question, why should the extensions be distributed as a separate
> package?

They are not required for the use of org-roam. They could also be
distributed as an additional output on the org-roam package itself.
Happy to re-adjust if that's preferred.

> Well, I am not an Org-Roam user… having the extensions along with the
> package emacs-org-roam seem the best; other said, why an Org-Roam user
> would be annoyed to have these extensions and not use them?

I don't think they need to be included directly in the main output of
the emacs-org-roam package as not all org-roam users will leverage them.
However I can't think of any reasons why a org-roam user would be
annoyed that they are included (other then including software that is
not used, which is not necessarily favorable).

Please let me know your preference between the following:

1. org-roam extensions as part of a separate package (this is what is
already presented in this patch set). 
2. Extensions as a separate `extensions` output on the emacs-org-roam package
3. Build the extensions directly into the primary output of the
emacs-org-roam package (this is already done in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50333)

> All the best,

You too!

-- 
Collin J. Doering

http://rekahsoft.ca
http://blog.rekahsoft.ca
http://git.rekahsoft.ca