Subject: Re: [bug#50374] (no subject)

From: "Collin J. Doering" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:38:31 -0400

Hi Adolfo,

I am not a guix expert either and am relatively new to the project. I
actually asked about this topic on guix IRC, where folks there suggested
splitting it into another package. I see very little difference between
including the org-roam-extensions as a separate package output, or as a
standalone package. I feel that having it as an additional output is
more "pure", but found that many packages already use a standalone
package for extensions, and I found that doing it in this way made both
packages themselves easier to define. You can see this for yourself with
a query like this `guix package -s '.*-extensions$' | recsel -CP name`.

Hope this helps, and kind regards!

On 12 Sep 2021 at 11:19, Adolfo De Unánue <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am the author of the patch https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50333 (my first
> patch, so I am a newbie on this).
>
> Could you help me to understand why your proposal is a better solution?
> I want to learn how to approach to this matters in the future.
>
> My rationale is that the extensions folder *is* part of org-roam, that's
> why I *added* them to the original package.
>
> Also, Do we need to do something in order to get this patch (or mine)
> approved?
> (again, just asking because this workflow is new for me)
>
> Thanks in advance for your time

-- 
Collin J. Doering

http://rekahsoft.ca
http://blog.rekahsoft.ca
http://git.rekahsoft.ca