Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] Improve default diff hunk header detection.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 14:55:26 +0200

Hi,

Sarah Morgensen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Tell git where to look for diff hunk headers: top-level definitions for
> Scheme files, and (sub)section headers for texi files.
>
> * .gitattributes, etc/git/gitconfig: New files.
> * doc/contributing.texi ("Submitting Patches"): Add subsection
> "Configuring Git".  Document etc/git/gitconfig.

I have one last question:

> +format-patch} sent to the @email{guix-patches@@gnu.org} mailing list
> +(@pxref{submitting patches,, Submitting patches to a project, git, Git
> +User Manual}).  Contributors are encouraged to take a moment to set some

AFAICS, there’s no Info-format Git manual, is there?  In that case, the
pxref above is incorrect, but we can use @uref instead and/or suggest
‘man git’ or similar.

The rest LGTM, thank you, and thanks Kyle!

Ludo’.