Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] Add 'generic-git' updater

From: Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:04:15 +0200

Changes since v2:

* Address the feedback by Ludovic and Sarah.

One problem I noticed was that when ‘accept-pre-releases?’ is #t, a tag
like “1-2-3-alpha” would turn into “1.2.3.alpha”, but I think the
correct version string would be “1.2.3-alpha”.

I solved the problem by making the pre-release part a separate regexp
group, and then appending the pre-release part after extracting the
version from the tag.  That way, the “-” in “-alpha” would not be
interpreted as a version delimiter.  I also added a new test for testing
this.

One of the tests in tests/channels.scm is failing; I am not sure why.
Before the first and second patches were applied, 6 of them were failing
for me, so I guess it’s an improvement.  However, on IRC, Ludovic said
that all of them were passing (prior to apply my patches).  It would
be great if people could run the tests before and after applying
patches, and see if they pass.

Xinglu Chen (3):
  tests: git: Don't read from the users global Git config file.
  tests: git: Make 'tag' directive non-interactive.
  import: Add 'generic-git' updater.

 Makefile.am          |   2 +
 doc/guix.texi        |  34 ++++++
 guix/git.scm         |  41 ++++++++
 guix/import/git.scm  | 225 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 guix/tests/git.scm   |   6 +-
 tests/channels.scm   |   2 +-
 tests/git.scm        |  28 +++++
 tests/import-git.scm | 245 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 8 files changed, 580 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 guix/import/git.scm
 create mode 100644 tests/import-git.scm

base-commit: 33bc3fb2a5f30a6e21f1b8d6d43867d921bd951c
-- 
2.33.0