Subject: bug#50358: closed (Re: bug#50358: [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/8] Shortened Rust bootstrap & other fixes.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 05:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50358: [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/8] Shortened Rust bootstrap & other fixes.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50358: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50358
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50358: [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/8] Shortened Rust bootstrap & other fixes.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:57:33 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> This series hasten the Rust bootstrap chain by about half (from about 8 to 4
> hours) and fixes other things reported on the core-updates-frozen branch.
> It's a world-rebuilding series (mostly due to the fix to the source repacking
> code), so we might as well combine it with other world-rebuild changes that
> were being put off.
>
> Maxim Cournoyer (8):
>   guix: packages: Fix repacking of plain tarballs.
>   aux-files: sitecustomize: Cleanup and add explanatory comments.
>   gnu: glade3: Remove sitecustomize.py workaround.
>   gnu: rust: Bootstrap rust from 1.39.0 and optimize build time.
>   gnu: rust: Add rust 1.54 and move all non-bootstrapping logic to it.
>   gnu: Build all Rust packages using the latest rustc.
>   gnu: mozjs-78: Update to 78.13.0.
>   gnu: fontconfig: Add a search path for XDG_DATA_DIRS.

These commits have made it to core-updates-frozen.

Closing!

Maxim

Subject: [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/8] Shortened Rust bootstrap & other fixes.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:29:03 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This series hasten the Rust bootstrap chain by about half (from about 8 to 4
hours) and fixes other things reported on the core-updates-frozen branch.
It's a world-rebuilding series (mostly due to the fix to the source repacking
code), so we might as well combine it with other world-rebuild changes that
were being put off.

Maxim Cournoyer (8):
  guix: packages: Fix repacking of plain tarballs.
  aux-files: sitecustomize: Cleanup and add explanatory comments.
  gnu: glade3: Remove sitecustomize.py workaround.
  gnu: rust: Bootstrap rust from 1.39.0 and optimize build time.
  gnu: rust: Add rust 1.54 and move all non-bootstrapping logic to it.
  gnu: Build all Rust packages using the latest rustc.
  gnu: mozjs-78: Update to 78.13.0.
  gnu: fontconfig: Add a search path for XDG_DATA_DIRS.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 +-
 .../aux-files/python/sitecustomize.py         |  28 +-
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm                    |  29 +-
 gnu/packages/fontutils.scm                    |  28 +-
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        |  17 +-
 gnu/packages/gnuzilla.scm                     |   8 +-
 .../patches/rust-reproducible-builds.patch    |  25 -
 gnu/packages/patches/rustc-1.39.0-src.patch   |  99 +++
 gnu/packages/rust-apps.scm                    |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/rust.scm                         | 574 ++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/shells.scm                       |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/syndication.scm                  |   1 -
 guix/packages.scm                             |   8 +-
 13 files changed, 405 insertions(+), 429 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rust-reproducible-builds.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rustc-1.39.0-src.patch

-- 
2.33.0