Subject: [PATCH core-updates-frozen 0/8] Shortened Rust bootstrap & other fixes.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:29:03 -0400

Hello,

This series hasten the Rust bootstrap chain by about half (from about 8 to 4
hours) and fixes other things reported on the core-updates-frozen branch.
It's a world-rebuilding series (mostly due to the fix to the source repacking
code), so we might as well combine it with other world-rebuild changes that
were being put off.

Maxim Cournoyer (8):
  guix: packages: Fix repacking of plain tarballs.
  aux-files: sitecustomize: Cleanup and add explanatory comments.
  gnu: glade3: Remove sitecustomize.py workaround.
  gnu: rust: Bootstrap rust from 1.39.0 and optimize build time.
  gnu: rust: Add rust 1.54 and move all non-bootstrapping logic to it.
  gnu: Build all Rust packages using the latest rustc.
  gnu: mozjs-78: Update to 78.13.0.
  gnu: fontconfig: Add a search path for XDG_DATA_DIRS.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   2 +-
 .../aux-files/python/sitecustomize.py         |  28 +-
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm                    |  29 +-
 gnu/packages/fontutils.scm                    |  28 +-
 gnu/packages/gnome.scm                        |  17 +-
 gnu/packages/gnuzilla.scm                     |   8 +-
 .../patches/rust-reproducible-builds.patch    |  25 -
 gnu/packages/patches/rustc-1.39.0-src.patch   |  99 +++
 gnu/packages/rust-apps.scm                    |  12 +-
 gnu/packages/rust.scm                         | 574 ++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/shells.scm                       |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/syndication.scm                  |   1 -
 guix/packages.scm                             |   8 +-
 13 files changed, 405 insertions(+), 429 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rust-reproducible-builds.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/rustc-1.39.0-src.patch

-- 
2.33.0