Subject: gzip-1.11 released [stable]

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 17:01:54 +0200

This is to announce gzip-1.11, a stable release.

There have been 43 commits by 5 people in the 2.7(!) years since 1.10.

See the NEWS below for a brief summary.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
The following people contributed changes to this release:

  Bjarni Ingi Gislason (1)
  Dmitry V. Levin (1)
  Ilya Leoshkevich (8)
  Jim Meyering (20)
  Paul Eggert (13)

Jim [on behalf of the gzip maintainers]
==================================================================

Here is the GNU gzip home page:
    http://gnu.org/s/gzip/

For a summary of changes and contributors, see:
  http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gzip.git;a=shortlog;h=v1.11
or run this command from a git-cloned gzip directory:
  git shortlog v1.10..v1.11

To summarize the 2581 gnulib-related changes, run these commands
from a git-cloned gzip directory:
  git checkout v1.11
  git submodule summary v1.10

==================================================================
Here are the compressed sources:
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/gzip-1.11.tar.gz   (1.2MB)
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/gzip-1.11.tar.xz   (788KB)

Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/gzip-1.11.tar.gz.sig
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/gzip-1.11.tar.xz.sig

Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
  https://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

Here are SHA1 and SHA256 checksums:
  ee2d3f44d8b370db7090b4c3250132cd62b38ec6  gzip-1.11.tar.gz
  PooODEW60wCTQdzhfXFTbExlXZMTA5AhznVUomzVDtk  gzip-1.11.tar.gz
  adf4964893a45a211a888f8943c939f2794d86d4  gzip-1.11.tar.xz
  m5qV1o/cuTaEmk1vrai/hobN31i5smycQontDJKneQc  gzip-1.11.tar.xz

The SHA256 checksum is base64 encoded, instead of the
hexadecimal encoding that most checksum tools default to.

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify gzip-1.11.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 7FD9FCCB000BEEEE

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Autoconf 2.71
  Automake 1.16d
  Gnulib v0.1-4886-g93280a4bd

NEWS

* Noteworthy changes in release 1.11 (2021-09-03) [stable]

** Performance improvements

  IBM Z platforms now support hardware-accelerated deflation.

Also posted as:
  https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=10044