Subject: bug#50356: python-hy / python-funcparserlib / tox config file

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 14:12:03 +0000

Em sex, 2021-09-17 às 14:32 +0200, Jelle Licht escreveu:
> 
> Hello Andreas,
> 
> Andreas Reuleaux <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > python-hy fails to install for me - because there are issues with
> > python-funcparserlib, as I understand (or tox - cf the end of the
> > log below).
> > 
> 
> It seems the hy and funcparserlib devs are coordinating new releases;
> perhaps we can resolve this issue by updating both python-
> funcparserlib
> and python-hy to their respective 1.0.0 releases once they are out.
> 
> - Jelle
> 

The problem is that funcparserlib 0.3.6 (which is the most recent
release at the moment) is incompatible with the Python version in Guix.
There is an alpha for funcparserlib 1.0.0 in PyPI. I updated to this
and Hy to 0.20.0 and it does work aside from 3 Hy tests failing (from a
total of 621).

The developer of funcparserlib expects to release 1.0.0 in the winter
holidays so we may be able to fix this in the next week or so.