Subject: Re: [bug#50349] [PATCH] packages: Add 'define-package' syntax.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 12:09:26 +0200

All,

To keep a link with previous ‘define-package’ discussion, I've 
merged this bug with #15284.  It was never resolved IMO and things 
have changed since 2013 with the label-less input style.

Maxime Devos 写道：
> This could be even shorter in the special case that the variable 
> name
> and package name are the same (modulo types):
>
> (define-package "my-favorite-package"
>   (version ...)
>   ...)

(define-anything STRING ...) is just too weird to ack.  Are there 
any package names that aren't currently valid symbols?  Is there a 
good reason for them?

Kind regards,

T G-R