Subject: Re: bug#50346: core-updates-frozen: strace 5.13 fails "make check" on AArch64

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 17:27:41 -0400

Bengt Richter <[email-masked]> writes:
> Well, that would be the point :)
> I.e., to move the customizations into .conf files and out of
> test-suite sources.

Given the limited flexibility of the test harness I'm not sure there's a
solution that doesn't involve modifying the source, but on reflection
you're right: We actually _do_ expect the test results to differ from
what is provided in the source bundle, so a better solution would be to
update the tests to reflect this rather than to change how they're run.
I'll put together a patch that does that.

Incidentally, the reason for the test failures appears to be the
additional call to _dl_get_origin() added to glibc by the
"glib-dl-cache" patch in commit 52564e9, which produces an additional
readlink/readlinkat syscall strace's test driver isn't expecting.  But
this additional call _is_ expected on Guix systems, so the test cases
ought to be modified to match.

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]