Subject: [bug#50343] [PATCH] gnu: Add linux-libre 5.14.

From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:56:37 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (linux-libre-5.14-version, deblob-scripts-5.14,
> linux-libre-5.14-pristine-source, linux-libre-5.14-source,
> linux-libre-headers-5.14, linux-libre-5.14): New variables.
> * gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.14-arm.conf,
> gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.14-arm64.conf,
> gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.14-i686.conf,
> gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/5.14-x86_64.conf: New files.

I just tried out 5.14.2 on my rockpro64 (rk3399 chip) and ethernet isn't
working :-/. It probably also affects the pinebook pro.

Doing a bit of searching, I see it was reported upstream and this patch
introduced the issue https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-arm-kernel/patch/[email-masked]/

I see Manjaro has patched their kernel to revert the patch as well:
https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/core/linux/-/commit/5e87e6f3b764d64bbb5b183e379a5fe64c3646ad

I suppose we could also apply that patch, although I'm sure it'll get
fixed upstream in a point release. We probably don't want to delay the 5.14
switch too much, maybe we could keep the linux-libre-5.13 variable
around for a little longer though? If not, I'm sure I could just use
5.10 though.

Just thought I'd report it!

Thanks for the update,
Pierre