Subject: Re: bug#50317: [PATCH 0/2] Update ‘ocaml-ppxlib’

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 22:37:35 +0200

Hi,

Xinglu Chen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ‘ocaml-ppx-optcomp’ fails to build with the new ‘ocaml-ppxlib’, updating
> it makes it build again.

In that case, I’d suggest updating both in the same commit, so that each
commit contains a working package set.

>   gnu: ocaml-ppxlib: Update to 0.23.0.
>   gnu: ocaml-ppx-optcomp: Update to 0.14.3.

Unfortunately, at least one dependent fails to build:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `build'
File "src/ppx_variants_conv.ml", line 69, characters 22-41:
69 |   if Caml.Hashtbl.mem Lexer.keyword_table s
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error: Unbound value Lexer.keyword_table
command "dune" "build" "@install" "--profile" "release" failed with status 1
builder for `/gnu/store/g73id3dchmqc0dirv9ahzmgbwsyba78b-ocaml-ppx-variants-conv-0.14.1.drv' failed with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could you check this one and other packages returned by ‘guix refresh -l
ocaml-ppxlib’?

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.