Subject: bug#50299: closed (Re: bug#50299: The check-tests-true lint check is incorrect for Emacs packages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 04:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50299: The check-tests-true lint check is incorrect for Emacs packages

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50299: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50299
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50299: The check-tests-true lint check is incorrect for Emacs packages
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:43:38 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Maxime,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is the v4 patch, rebased.  No other changes.

I've tried to getting rid of as many lint warnings I could on each
package touched, got rid of the python2* packages touched, and squashed
many same-package/scope changes together.

Note that the latest available version of swi-prolog builds and test
fine, but fails to be cross-compiled, so I've left it as is; you may
want to investigate the upgrade.

Thank you,

Closing.

Maxim

Subject: The check-tests-true lint check is incorrect for Emacs packages
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Cc: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 11:25:35 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

The emacs-build-system has its #:tests? argument set to #f by default,
which means users must explicitly specify its value as #t to enable test
suites.

The check-tests-true lint check seems to ignore this and goes on to
recommend, for example:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm:15998:7: [email-masked]: #:tests? must not be explicitly set to #t
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which is wrong.

Thanks,

Maxim