Subject: bug#50288: closed (Re: bug#50288: Autoconf’sconfig.{guess,sub} have patched shebangs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 08:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50288: Autoconf’s config.{guess,sub} have patched shebangs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50288: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50288
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50288: Autoconf’s config.{guess,sub} have patched shebangs
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:45:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As reported at
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-08/msg00127.html>,
> Autoconf’s config.{guess,sub} (installed by running ‘autoconf -i’ or
> similar) have patched shebangs, making them unsuitable on non-Guix
> systems:
>
> $ head -1 $(find $(guix build autoconf) -name config.guess)
> #!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh
> $ head -1 $(find $(guix build autoconf) -name config.sub)
> #!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh
>
> We should copy the ‘unpatch-shebangs’ phase from automake, added in
> response to <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/14201>.

Done in 902de26c1a2462b3374633f724852507d957019a for autoconf 2.71.

Ludo’.

Subject: Autoconf’s config.{guess,sub} have patched shebangs
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 01:05:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As reported at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-08/msg00127.html>,
Autoconf’s config.{guess,sub} (installed by running ‘autoconf -i’ or
similar) have patched shebangs, making them unsuitable on non-Guix
systems:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ head -1 $(find $(guix build autoconf) -name config.guess)
#!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh
$ head -1 $(find $(guix build autoconf) -name config.sub)
#!/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-5.0.16/bin/sh
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

We should copy the ‘unpatch-shebangs’ phase from automake, added in
response to <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/14201>.

Ludo’.