Subject: [bug#50282] [PATCH 0/5] gnu: offlineimap: Replace with offlineimap3.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 08:56:42 +0200

Hi Pierre,

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 at 19:57, Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]> wrote:

> While looking for a non-python2 alternative, I found that there was an
> official python3 port in the works! https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap3

Cool!  It would improve the situation as reported here [1]. :-)

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48213>

>   gnu: Add python-imaplib2.

LGTM.

>   gnu: offlineimap: Replace with offlineimap3.

LGTM.  Is it possible to disable only the tests which require a
modifiable IMAP account?  Although it was not in the initial
’offlineimap’. :-)

>   gnu: Remove python2-rfc6555.

LGTM.

>   gnu: Remove python2-selectors2.

LGTM.  Except the message should be ’Remove variable’, I guess.

>   gnu: Remove python2-pysqlite.

This would break the package ’geierlein’ as reported by:

  guix refresh -l python2-pysqlite

And grepping the sources, this package is a native-inputs of ’icecat’.

Well, I would drop this last patch.

All the best,
simon