Subject: Re: bug#50279: 28.0.50; ffap-file-finder customization no longer works

From: Bob Rogers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:11:15 -0400

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
   Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 18:02:52 +0200

   Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

   >> I can reproduce this using my full customizations, but not in emacs -Q
   >> with an excerpt of my code.  More precisely, the problem reproduces, but
   >> not the desired behavior after reverting the change.  And indeed,
   >> looking closer at the code, I don't understand why reverting this
   >> particular change should make a difference.  But it worked when I built
   >> emacs on 31-Jul (d3d6ea50d2) and didn't when I next built it on 11-Aug
   >> (3b5f8ab0d0), and I don't see any other change to ffap.el that might
   >> explain the difference.
   >>
   >>    I'll be out of town tomorrow, so I'll have to give this another look
   >> on Wednesday.

   This was a month ago -- did you make any further progress in debugging
   this?

It definitely has to do with my initializations, but I've been swamped
for the last three weeks and unable to get any further.  I should be
able to get back to it this week.

					-- Bob