Subject: bug#50268: closed (Re: bug#50268: 28.0.50; Assertion warning during native compilation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#50268: 28.0.50; Assertion warning during native compilation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
50268: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=50268
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#50268: 28.0.50; Assertion warning during native compilation
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:37:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

24 sep. 2021 kl. 08.07 skrev Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:

> Let's do it now.

Thank you, pushed to master. Closing.

Subject: 28.0.50; Assertion warning during native compilation
From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:05:16 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With the included file in the current working directory...

First, byte compile the file:
    emacs -Q -batch --eval '(byte-compile-file "pacproxy.el")'

Then, from 
    emacs -Q

    M-: (push default-directory load-path) RET
    M-x load-library RET pacproxy RET

For me, this results in the following warning:

    Warning (comp): /home/md5i/tmp/tmp/pacproxy.el: Error: Assertion failed (and (< idx (comp-vec-end vec)) (>= idx (comp-vec-beg vec)))

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2021-08-30 built on miko
Repository revision: bc9516a6f12d21971db62ad5def51a3b4858a488
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF X11 XAW3D
XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  magit-wip-initial-backup-mode: t
  magit-wip-before-change-mode: t
  magit-wip-after-apply-mode: t
  magit-wip-after-save-mode: t
  magit-wip-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /home/md5i/.config/emacs/elpa/cmake-mode-20210104.1831/cmake-mode
/home/md5i/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20210311.1549/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud gnus-spec gnus-win emacsbug sendmail flyspell
ispell view pacproxy dbus xml descr-text cus-edit pp cus-load time
sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util sgml-mode facemenu dom python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr picture
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
with-editor shell pcomplete server magit-mode transient format-spec
magit-git magit-section comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode
benchmark magit-utils pcase which-func imenu vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher ido crm dash nnimap nnmail gnus-int gnus-range mail-source
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader utf7 netrc nnoo gnus wid-edit nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mail-utils gnus-o365-oauth2 oauth2
url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny plstore generated generic-x epg rfc6068
epg-config ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util dired-x dired dired-loaddefs compile
text-property-search comint ring ansi-color cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs edmacro
kmacro derived debian-el finder-inf info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 472475 15472)
 (symbols 48 29207 0)
 (strings 32 96154 4379)
 (string-bytes 1 3212668)
 (vectors 16 46522)
 (vector-slots 8 809008 15265)
 (floats 8 664 82)
 (intervals 56 418 14)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])