Subject: Re: bug#50266: 28.0.50; expand-file-name broken with non ASCII characters

From: Joakim Hårsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 15:36:47 +0200

I finally had the time to try this and with the latest snapshot everything
works! Sorry for the delay in testing and thanks for the prompt fix.

Here's the version I tested with if it matters:

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
Repository revision: 44c13eefe8d30841000a96d82f467fb8d222e365
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19043
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19043.1237)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/a/emacs-build/emacs-build/pkg/master-x86_64
 CFLAGS=-O2 --with-native-compilation --with-zlib --with-gnutls
 --with-xml2 --with-lcms2 --with-json --with-harfbuzz --without-cairo
 --with-rsvg --with-png --with-gif --without-tiff --with-jpeg --with-xpm
 --disable-build-details --without-dbus --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XPM
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

On Sat, 11 Sept 2021 at 13:44, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Joakim Hårsman <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 12:41:58 +0200
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > Sorry, I haven’t had the time to do a build and try your fix yet. Last
> time I used a snapshot someone  else
> > built, so I have to install all the build tools first.
>
> OK, take your time, and thanks.
>