Subject: Re: bug#50264: ca-certificate-bundle fails to build

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 09:08:04 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> Wait, you run the same command twice and it leads a different .drv?
yes, but only if I run `guix gc` before the first one, i.e. it’ll
build/downloads lots of packages before actually building the .drv.

> Could you send the contents of this “broken” ca-certificate-bundle.drv
> as well as the ca-certificate-bundle-builder it refers to?
This is with commit 8b2b027df9198cb5b22505813ada0c5e199929ed for the same
`guix pack` I mentioned earlier. I’m attaching:

Failure:
/gnu/store/kxkxji6m101ylgpa82jmxvmy5szpvk1k-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
/gnu/store/wahy9p8985vbcibwwjk3p73hxh82f90v-ca-certificate-bundle-builder

Success:
/gnu/store/rx6pqcpgwcyl6spfi8acgjzksrpqhac1-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
/gnu/store/wahy9p8985vbcibwwjk3p73hxh82f90v-ca-certificate-bundle-builder

(Yes, exactly the same builder input hash. I double-checked.)

Meanwhile a colleague of mine has seen the same problem during building a
`guix environment` too.

Cheers,
Lars