Subject: Re: bug#50244: 28.0.50; Support project-wide diagnostics reports in flymake.el

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:21:36 +0200

>
>>> Yes, it is (but the PR also works).  I hope to transfer eglot.el to
>>> Emacs core soon anyway.  
>> Nice.  Consider the lingering PR closed.
>
>Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to get to it.
>

No worries!

>> From the ones I've used at work, F# [0], C# [1], Rust [2] and Elm [3]
>> all support them.  I think the easiest to set up might be the rust one.
>> However, I can help out with settings if needed.  I've had to subclass
>> the eglot server to get reliable performance from some of them.
>
>Thanks.  I think I'll try rust-analyzer as I've been meaning to anyway.
>Perhaps make it the default Rust server for Eglot.
>

Absolutely, the community seems to have moved on.

>> By the way, I'm testing this version right now, and it seems both faster
>> and more accurate.  Not sure why or what exactly happens, but it works
>> flawlessly with eglot atm.
>
>Hmmm that's good, but also odd: i didn't do any performance/accuracy
>improvements that I know of.  If anything, because I changed so much
>code, I would suspect the inverse: i.e. bugs.  Please keep an eye out.

I might be wrong, of course.  My implementation could also have some defects, also.

By the way- these list only diagnostics do in fact happen on each keystroke in the mentioned servers.  Not just on the first load.  Would this mean the foreign variant is more correct to use?  

Theo