Subject: bug#50244: 28.0.50; Support project-wide diagnostics reports in flymake.el

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 09:50:12 +0100

Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:

> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> I will absolutely jump at this as quickly as possible.  I'm not exactly
>>> sure how fast I'll be, since I'm on parental leave right now.
>> Congrats And enjoy it (I enjoyed mine very much)! > 
> Thanks!  Second time now, only gets better :)

I second that, too ;-)

>> Yes, it is (but the PR also works).  I hope to transfer eglot.el to
>> Emacs core soon anyway.  
> Nice.  Consider the lingering PR closed.

Thanks, and sorry it took me so long to get to it.

> From the ones I've used at work, F# [0], C# [1], Rust [2] and Elm [3]
> all support them.  I think the easiest to set up might be the rust one.
> However, I can help out with settings if needed.  I've had to subclass
> the eglot server to get reliable performance from some of them.

Thanks.  I think I'll try rust-analyzer as I've been meaning to anyway.
Perhaps make it the default Rust server for Eglot.

> By the way, I'm testing this version right now, and it seems both faster
> and more accurate.  Not sure why or what exactly happens, but it works
> flawlessly with eglot atm.

Hmmm that's good, but also odd: i didn't do any performance/accuracy
improvements that I know of.  If anything, because I changed so much
code, I would suspect the inverse: i.e. bugs.  Please keep an eye out.

João