Subject: Re: bug#50244: 28.0.50; Support project-wide diagnostics reports in flymake.el

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:21:03 +0200

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I will absolutely jump at this as quickly as possible.  I'm not exactly
>> sure how fast I'll be, since I'm on parental leave right now.
>
> Congrats And enjoy it (I enjoyed mine very much)! > 

Thanks!  Second time now, only gets better :)

>
>> How would you want to receive the changes to eglot?  As part of this
>> bug, or as a new issue over at GH? I'm fine with either. Considering
>> both flymake and eglot may be affected, maybe this bug is a good
>> place?
>
> Yes, it is (but the PR also works).  I hope to transfer eglot.el to
> Emacs core soon anyway.  
>

Nice.  Consider the lingering PR closed.

> Earlier you said project-wide diagnostics is become a trend with LSP
> servers.  Besides your elm-language-server where you most need this,
> what other servers are doing this?  Maybe I can install one of those for
> a language I know and start testing this.
>

>From the ones I've used at work, F# [0], C# [1], Rust [2] and Elm [3]
all support them.  I think the easiest to set up might be the rust one.
However, I can help out with settings if needed.  I've had to subclass
the eglot server to get reliable performance from some of them.

> Nice catch.

No problem!

By the way, I'm testing this version right now, and it seems both faster
and more accurate.  Not sure why or what exactly happens, but it works
flawlessly with eglot atm.  Though still without the project buffer.
Looking into that a little tonight (election in Norway today, so might
stay up a little anyway :P)

Theo

[0]: https://github.com/fsharp/FsAutoComplete
[1]: https://github.com/OmniSharp/omnisharp-roslyn
[2]: https://github.com/rust-analyzer/rust-analyzer
[3]: https://github.com/elm-tooling/elm-language-server