Subject: Re: bug#50244: 28.0.50; Support project-wide diagnostics reports in flymake.el

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 21:04:01 +0100

Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]> writes:

> I will absolutely jump at this as quickly as possible.  I'm not exactly
> sure how fast I'll be, since I'm on parental leave right now.

Congrats And enjoy it (I enjoyed mine very much)! > 

> How would you want to receive the changes to eglot?  As part of this
> bug, or as a new issue over at GH? I'm fine with either. Considering
> both flymake and eglot may be affected, maybe this bug is a good
> place?

Yes, it is (but the PR also works).  I hope to transfer eglot.el to
Emacs core soon anyway.  

Earlier you said project-wide diagnostics is become a trend with LSP
servers.  Besides your elm-language-server where you most need this,
what other servers are doing this?  Maybe I can install one of those for
a language I know and start testing this.

> diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/flymake.el b/lisp/progmodes/flymake.el
> index 83c0b4dd99..543cfe64f4 100644
> --- a/lisp/progmodes/flymake.el
> +++ b/lisp/progmodes/flymake.el
> @@ -815,8 +815,6 @@ calling convention described in
>  to handle a report even if TOKEN was not expected.  REGION is
>  a (BEG . END) pair of buffer positions indicating that this
>  report applies to that region."
> -  (unless state
> -    (error "Can't find state for %s in `flymake--state'" backend))
>    (cond
>     ((null state)
>      (flymake-error

Nice catch.