Subject: [bug#50239] [PATCH core-updates-frozen] gnu: diffutils: Fix signal processing.

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:39:54 -0300

Hello Maxime,

Thank you for your review!

Em segunda-feira, 30 de agosto de 2021, às 08:43:42 -03, Maxime Devos 
escreveu:
> Thiago Jung Bauermann via Guix-patches via schreef op za 28-08-2021 om 
13:43 [-0300]:
> > [...]
> > diffutils has a race condition in its signal processing code which is
> > easy to trigger on powerpc64le-linux. More often than not, it causes
> > the ‘colors’ test to fail and therefore the build of the package fails
> > as well. [...]
> 
> Adding this patch makes sense to me too, though I don't have a
> powerpc64le-linux to test this on.

Nice, thanks!

> > Add the patch proposed in Debian bug 922552 which fixes the problem.
> 
> Do you think upstream will have its own working patch soonish?

I think so. Paul Eggert was very quick in his response and is already 
working on a fix.

> (See <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36488#41>, for people
> who aren't Thiago Jung Bauermann.)

Yeah, the discussion moved unexpectedly to a different bug report. Thanks 
for tracking it down and posting the new link.

> If so, it might make sense to wait a little for an ‘official’ patch.

Yes, I agree.

-- 
Thanks,
Thiago