Subject: Re: bug#50225: 13.0.14; Non-file-visiting TeX buffers

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:13:16 +0200

Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Gustavo,

> Now, find a `.tex' file which does not yet exist, say
> "~/test/test.tex" with `C-x C-f test/test.tex RET'.
>
> We then get the error "File mode specification error: (file-missing 
> Setting current directory No such file or directory 
> /home/gustavo/test/)".

The problem is that not just the tex file doesn't exist but the
containing directory ~/test/ doesn't exist either.  But that seems to be
already set as `default-directory' so the shell commands testing for the
availability of the evince-based viewers should run in a non-existend
CWD.

Well, those tests will work the same no matter which
`default-directory', so we could bind `default-directory' to "~" for
those calls, I think.

I'll come to that when I find some spare time.

Bye,
Tassilo