Subject: bug#50225: 13.0.14; Non-file-visiting TeX buffers

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 21:47:47 +0200

Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Gustavo,

>>> I'm not up-to-date with the recent changes related to the issue.
>>
>> No, the problem is definitely there since 2016, no recent change
>> involved.
>
> Well, I was much surprised by this.  For I really do this frequently,
> and do it purposefully.  And have been doing it for some time.
> Creating a new directory in the process is what ensures I'm getting a
> clean slate, so I'm sure to do it.  And the first time I met the issue
> was the day I reported it.  Since I had just upgraded AUCTeX, I
> assumed it must have been it, wrongly, as it turns out.  But I did
> some checking now.  I reverted to v13.0.13, and the problem was there.
> Then to v13.0.12, and the problem was there.  I did upgrade my OS just
> this week (Mint 20.1 to 20.2 Cinnamon), so there might have been some
> change on `evince's side making it less lenient.

No no, the error comes from emacs complaining that it cannot set the
working directory for the shell to a directory which doesn't exist.

> Truth is: I don't know what changed, even though I'm convinced
> something has, recently.  But, as far as I can tell from my tests, I
> think you are right in saying it was not AUCTeX.

I just checked with an emacs 22 installation.  You get the very same
error there.

>> Should be fixed on master.  Please give it a try.
>
> I have, and can gladly report the issue is gone on my side with the
> fix.

That's all that matters. :-)

> Thank you very much.

You're welcome!

Bye,
Tassilo