Subject: Re: bug#50225: 13.0.14; Non-file-visiting TeX buffers

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 12:40:15 -0300

Hi Tassilo,

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 at 17:13, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The problem is that not just the tex file doesn't exist but the
> containing directory ~/test/ doesn't exist either.  But that seems to 
> be
> already set as `default-directory' so the shell commands testing for 
> the
> availability of the evince-based viewers should run in a non-existend
> CWD.

Well, I always create "throw away" test files under a "throw away" dir, 
not to have to deal with stray `TeX-auto-local' directories mixed with 
my actual files.  ;-)

> Well, those tests will work the same no matter which
> `default-directory', so we could bind `default-directory' to "~" for
> those calls, I think.
>
> I'll come to that when I find some spare time.

I'm not up-to-date with the recent changes related to the issue.  But I 
thank you for looking into it when you can.

Best,
Gustavo.