Subject: Re: bug#50221: failed to install guix

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:01:04 +0200

80ede,

On 2021-08-27 2:09, 80ede--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
> https://postimg.cc/PCfCLJgZ

Ew... messy.  I hope someone better acquainted with the guts of the 
installer can augur those mysterious entrails.  Without context, I 
can't.

What were you doing when this happened?  Can you reproduce the problem 
on the same machine by repeating the exact same steps?  What does your 
existing partition table & file system layout look like?  Is this an 
NVMe drive?

> I uploaded a picture to postimage.

Avoid these third-party image hosts.  They can vanish tomorrow, become 
malware vectors without warning, and almost certainly track users and 
execute JS without their consent already.

Prefer attaching screenshots directly to your e-mail, after shrinking 
them to at most a few KiB apiece (yours is ~230 KiB, which is perfect).

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.