Subject: Re: bug#50220: 27.2; follow.el: follow-recenter does not work correctly if invoked in a follow window before the middle follow window.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 03:43:33 +0200

Noah Evans <[email-masked]> writes:

> In follow mode, 'follow-mode-recenter` with no argument should center
> the middle window around point. It works fine if it is used in the
> middle window or a window after it, but if it is used in a window before
> middle the post-command-hook moves the window back.
>
> Reproduce:
> Find a long file.
> Split the window vertically two or more times.
> M-x follow-mode
> Go to the leftmost window and do C-c . C-l

Thanks; applied to Emacs 28.  (I've never used follow-mode before, but
your patch does indeed seem to fix the problem with `C-c . C-l'.)

This change was small enough to apply without assigning copyright to the
FSF, but for future patches you want to submit, it might make sense to
get the paperwork started now, so that subsequent patches can be applied
speedily. Would you be willing to sign such paperwork?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no