Subject: bug#50216: 27.2; timeclock gives incorrect time in mode-line

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:53:02 +0100

>>>>> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> I haven't really started debugging in, but the issue seems to be
    >> `timeclock-find-discrep' using some data that was computed before
    >> timeclock-workday was set...

    > Yup, that was it -- I made it flush the data on workday changes,
    > and now it displays correctly for me in the timelog test case --
    > that is, when doing timelog-in, it'll use the current
    > timelog-workday setting and compute stuff correctly.

    > Note, however, that initial display when doing

    > (timeclock-mode-line-display 1) (setq timeclock-workday (* 12 60
    > 60))

    > will be incorrect -- because setting a variable like this won't
    > trigger mode-line updates.  (Until a minute has passed and it
    > updates the line.)  So I've noted in the
    > timeclock-mode-line-display doc string that this shouldn't be
    > done.

Thank you very much. I think I am *beginning* to understand what's
happening. I was wrong about it only being an emacs-28 issue. As you
wrote in an earlier email, you can see the same effect in emacs-27.

Best wishes,