Subject: bug#50212: Several tests fail, Bash fails often. Was: Tests fail while building Guix

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 20:17:02 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
> I'm guessing the i386 does something bogus?  Your x86_64 is already able
> to run i386 code natively, AFAIK.

Alright, this was my interpretation from the manual and available
architectures that I just plugged it all together like that.  I wasn't
aware that x86_64 can run i386 natively.

> The binfmt service type registers binary formats of non-native
> architectures with interpreters to run them [0]; this way, when an ARM
> binary is encountered on a x86_64 system, the kernel Linux knows to
> launch it via QEMU, for example.  Since commit
> 77c2f4e2068ebec3f384c826c5a99785125ff72c, this is in effect for any
> container (it used to be possible to enable it with (guix-support? #t)
> on only for the container spawned by guix-daemon.

I reenabled the service without it mentioning i386.  Building Guix
passes as expected.  Thank you.

Kind regards,
Simon