Subject: Re: bug#50212: Several tests fail, Bash fails often. Was: Tests fail while building Guix

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:13:24 -0400

Hi,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> * What's the hash of gnu/packages/bootstrap/i686-linux/bash?
>
>   (Run guix hash gnu/packages/bootstrap/i686-linux/bash)
>
>   I have 1ig8a4bhc7fpw8zrnw4l568wmmcb29rlwg4jbih3imb4x6d9l1gd.
>   If you see something different, your copy is probably corrupt.

Also check the permissions of gnu/packages/bootstrap/i686-linux/bash.
It should be 0555, i.e. "-r-xr-xr-x", and ditto for 'mkdir' in the same
directory.  I vaguely recall someone running into a similar problem many
years ago because the executable bit was missing in their bootstrap
files, even though the files had the correct contents.  The executable
bit is effectively included in the hash computation when the file is
imported to the store, although "guix hash" disregards it when applied
to a single file.

       Mark

--
Disinformation flourishes because many people care deeply about injustice
but very few check the facts.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>.