Subject: 28.0.50; Outdated commentary in timeclock.el

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:09:35 +0000

timeclock.el mentions that C-x t is unbound, even though the tab
commands have since been bound to that prefix. The following patch
updates this and recommends using the user prefix C-c t.

>From b74afe63d02f126127d9211c0d1c1dc2cf5dd5bb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:45:53 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] * timeclock.el: Update example configuration

---
 lisp/calendar/timeclock.el | 14 +++++++-------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el b/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el
index 4a4b65d374..1aea1b5e63 100644
--- a/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el
+++ b/lisp/calendar/timeclock.el
@@ -35,14 +35,14 @@
 ;; working day), and `timeclock-when-to-leave' to calculate when you're free.
 
 ;; You'll probably want to bind the timeclock commands to some handy
-;; keystrokes.  At the moment, C-x t is unused:
+;; keystrokes.  Assuming C-c t is unbound, you might use:
 ;;
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "ti" 'timeclock-in)
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "to" 'timeclock-out)
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "tc" 'timeclock-change)
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "tr" 'timeclock-reread-log)
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "tu" 'timeclock-update-mode-line)
-;;   (define-key ctl-x-map "tw" 'timeclock-when-to-leave-string)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t i") 'timeclock-in)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t o") 'timeclock-out)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t c") 'timeclock-change)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t r") 'timeclock-reread-log)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t u") 'timeclock-update-mode-line)
+;;   (define-key (kbd "C-c t w") 'timeclock-when-to-leave-string)
 
 ;; If you want Emacs to display the amount of time "left" to your
 ;; workday in the mode-line, you can either set the value of
-- 
2.30.2

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-08-24 built on icterid
Repository revision: b8704b52fde7568516472f1841ad49c717f445d1
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native -mtune=native'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/philip/.guix-profile/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11
XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Diff

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/philip/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-0.3.6/transient hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/transient
~/.config/emacs/site-lisp/autoload hides /home/philip/Code/src/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload

Features:
(shadow emacsbug whitespace timeclock gnus-fun cal-move slime hyperspec
css-mode sgml-mode facemenu macrostep-c cmacexp macrostep cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs go-mode find-file ffap calccomp calc-comb calc-undo image-file
image-converter calc-arith calc-misc shr-color color calc-alg calc-ext
tabify man ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs geiser-guile info-look geiser geiser-mode geiser-xref
geiser-compile geiser-repl geiser-company geiser-debug geiser-image
geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-edit etags fileloop geiser-completion
geiser-autodoc geiser-eval geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax geiser-log
geiser-popup view geiser-impl geiser-custom geiser-base tar-mode
arc-mode archive-mode cus-edit url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
finder-inf scheme cus-start shortdoc ielm goto-addr bug-reference
magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode git-commit
log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor term ehelp eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
server magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section preview reporter
desktop frameset tex-buf tex-fold reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars font-latex latex latex-flymake tex-ispell
tex-style tex texmathp tex-mode avy magit-utils dash grep xref sh-script
executable org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe ol-docview ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec pp vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
project help-fns cl-print debug backtrace find-func modus-vivendi-theme
char-fold misearch multi-isearch nroff-mode shell pcomplete
shell-command+ ps-mode smie autorevert filenotify doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired-aux rfc2368 time-stamp vc-backup log-view
pcvs-util diff vc-fossil vc vc-dispatcher mailalias bbdb-pgp
bbdb-message quail autocrypt-message mule-util smiley gnus-cite
flow-fill mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async sort gnus-ml
disp-table autocrypt-gnus autocrypt qp nndraft nnmh epa-file gnutls
network-stream nsm nnmaildir nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win cl-extra paredit checkdoc help-mode flymake-proc flymake
warnings thingatpt flyspell ispell noutline outline easy-mmode dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs rcirc parse-time iso8601 rx time bbdb derived
bbdb-site timezone sendmail gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
time-date mail-utils hippie-exp winner windmove elec-pair recentf
tree-widget wid-edit saveplace savehist paren modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes pcase edmacro kmacro holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cus-load setup load compile text-property-search
comint ansi-color ring autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr tex-site slime-autoloads
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1627056 1541557)
 (symbols 48 53425 178)
 (strings 32 283998 178398)
 (string-bytes 1 9235724)
 (vectors 16 107397)
 (vector-slots 8 2165942 1267792)
 (floats 8 794 2783)
 (intervals 56 70298 45428)
 (buffers 992 134))

-- 
	Philip K.